Terry Labonte: "I'm excited to get inside a racecar for the first time this season. Having my brother as a teammate will be special again. Bobby and I have always enjoyed the time we have spent together on the race track. We haven't been...
"I'm excited to get inside a racecar for the first time this season. Having my brother as a teammate will be special again. Bobby and I have always enjoyed the time we have spent together on the race track. We haven't been teammates very much, but when we are it makes that time even better. And I'm honored that Kyle would ask me to get behind the wheel of the 45 car for these five races. I feel confident that we can go out and have some good runs."
"I hope Bobby remembers all of those pointers that I gave him when he was coming up through late model stocks and the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Now it feels like the roles are reversed because I don't have much experience with the new car. I'll be leaning heavily on Bobby for advice. We have a lot of tests coming up so I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions for him. I think we found a few things at the Pocono test that should help us this weekend."
"This is a good team that Petty Enterprises has put together on the No. 45 Paralyzed Veterans of America Dodge. Sprint Cup racing is more competitive now than it has ever been and it doesn't take much to find yourself having to qualify on time. That can add a lot of pressure to an already pressure-filled job. We know that we are going to be locked in to these next five races, so we can concentrate on our race setups and not worry about qualifying. Hopefully that will help Stewart (Cooper) and the guys find a nice rhythm for when Kyle and Chad get back in the car."
Terry Labonte Fast Facts
* Labonte, 51, competed in the Cup Series for 30 years, from 1978 to 2007. In that time he scored two Winston Cup Series Champions in 1984 and 1996.
* Terry and Bobby Labonte are the only brothers to both win the series championship. This is only the second time in their careers that they have been teammates.
* In 2004 Labonte, known as 'The Iceman', completed his final season of full-time Cup competition; however he has ran 34 races over the past three years. In 2007 he drove in three races.
* The driver has made 52 starts at Pocono Raceway. He has won at the track twice, in 1989 and 1995. He also scored seven top-5s and 21 top-10s at the tri-oval.
* Labonte's average start at Pocono is 17.7 and average finish is 15.9.
* He started from the point position on two occasions and qualified within the top-10 a total of 17 times at the Long Pond track.