KASEY KAHNE QUOTES: "Finishing 11th at Dover last week, was our best run since was our best finish since Daytona. We've made a lot of progress with the Dodge Avenger, but this weekend we will be racing the Charger. We've had pretty good success...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES:
"Finishing 11th at Dover last week, was our best run since was our best finish since Daytona. We've made a lot of progress with the Dodge Avenger, but this weekend we will be racing the Charger. We've had pretty good success previously at Pocono with a pole and a couple of top-10 finishes. We've had a good qualifying setup for that track.
"We had a strong run Busch race at Dover and just missed a top 10 in the Nextel Cup race. My crew was awesome in both races. They made the difference on Saturday and gave me some great stops in the Cup race on Monday. Kenny (Francis, the team director) and everyone at Evernham Motorsports have put forth a tremendous effort to get our program back to where it was last year. I think our No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger will be very competitive at Pocono."
* Kahne and the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team are coming off their second best finish of the season after last week's 11th place at Dover.
* In 2004 he became the first rookie to take the pole at Pocono.
* Kahne has an incredible average starting spot of 9.5 at the colossal 2.5-mile track.
* Kahne has qualified third or better in half of his six career starts at the unique triangular track.
* The finish last week moved the No. 9 team up three positions in Owners Points. The team now sits 29th only 104 points out of 21st place.