HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #105. This is the same car McMurray ran in The Winston and Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* McMurray is making his NASCAR Winston Cup Series debut at Pocono Raceway this weekend. The team tested at the track last week.
* McMurray enters the Pocono 500 21st in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points and currently leads the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings.
* McMurray has been the highest finishing Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Race four times this season.
* McMurray has posted two top-five and three top-10 finishes in the first 13 races of the 2003 NASCAR Winston Cup Series season.
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"We tested at Pocono last week and that was definitely a new experience for me. Everyone was telling me that it would be a unique challenge, and boy, were they right! I remember making my first lap around the track and you head into turn one and I thought to myself, 'Will this turn ever end?'"
"And then there's the tunnel turn, which I had heard was extremely tricky. And they weren't lying. Every time you go through there you hold your breath hoping your car will stick. It took me a while to get use to shifting in turn one. It should definitely be a fun weekend for the Havoline Dodge. We had a motor let go on the second day of our test, so we didn't get as much time on the track as we'd liked, but that's what is great about having a teammate like Sterling (Marlin). I know I can go to him for advice on how to get around that very unique track. Hopefully we'll get the Havoline Dodge around there pretty quick."