McMurray on racing at Pocono Raceway: "We visited Pocono about two months ago and left with a 13th-place finish. This weekend we're hoping to improve upon that finish for our Crown Royal team. Pocono is the only triangular track that we visit on...
McMurray on racing at Pocono Raceway:
"We visited Pocono about two months ago and left with a 13th-place finish. This weekend we're hoping to improve upon that finish for our Crown Royal team. Pocono is the only triangular track that we visit on the circuit and due to the relatively flat surface, for some reason, racing at Pocono seems like a really long race for drivers. Handling is incredibly important there as well as fuel mileage so we'll make sure that our practice sessions allow us to focus on the car's handling through all three turns. Indy is about the only other track that we can really compare notes to for Pocono, so we'll take what we learned last week and combine all of those aspects into a successful weekend in Pennsylvania."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Pocono Raceway:
"Looking ahead to this weekend's race at Pocono, we actually took a few different settings with us to Indy to help at Pocono as well. Indy and Pocono are pretty comparable tracks, to a certain degree, except that Turn 1 has a bit more banking and a bit rougher. As far as the basic package in car set-ups go, we've seen that if you run well at Indy that you should be able to take that setting, tweak it, and run well at Pocono. Our hopes are that we can take what we learned at Indy last weekend and apply it to our Pocono notes in order to have a great run on Sunday."
* In 13 starts at the 2.5-mile, tri-oval track, Jamie McMurray has one Sprint Cup pole and three top-10 finishesJ
* McMurray's average start at Pocono Raceway is 18.0 and his average finish is 20.7
* McMurray's best Cup series starting position at Pocono is from the pole which he achieved in the 2005 Pennsylvania 500
* This weekend at Pocono, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering the Pennsylvania 500, McMurray is currently 20th in the Sprint Cup driver point standings