STATESVILLE, N.C. -- There might be no driver in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as eager to get to Pocono International Raceway as No. 19 Stanley Dodge driver Elliott Sadler. Mechanical problems sidelined Sadler immediately after the start of...
STATESVILLE, N.C. -- There might be no driver in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as eager to get to Pocono International Raceway as No. 19 Stanley Dodge driver Elliott Sadler. Mechanical problems sidelined Sadler immediately after the start of Sunday's race in Indianapolis dashing his hopes to improve upon his fourth-place finish in 2008. Sadler owns three top-15 finishes in the last six races and he hopes to regain that momentum Sunday on the 2.5-mile triangular-shaped track in Pennsylvania.
ON POCONO: "To say that we are eager to race is an understatement. Last Sunday was one of the toughest moments of my career. We didn't give ourselves a chance to compete and everyone is disappointed. We had high hopes since we had finished fourth at Indianapolis last year, so we knew we had a chance to do something special. Pocono is a similar track and if we can go out there Sunday and run like we know we can then it will take some of the sting away from what happened at Indy. To say we are motivated is an understatement. We'd been on a pretty good roll of late and we can get back that momentum this weekend."
* Sadler will run the new Dodge R6P8 engine for the second time in 2009. Sadler finished 40th last week at Indianapolis due to mechanical problems early in the race.
* Sadler is tied with Tony Stewart for the longest active DNF streak (43 races) of drivers that have competed in every race. Regan Smith is at 52 races, but has not competed in every race during that span.
* Sadler has the longest all-time and active streak of races at Pocono without a DNF (21). Sadler has never recorded a DNF in his career at Pocono Raceway.
* Sadler started 27th and finished 25th in the June race at Pocono and led two laps to collect five bonus points.
* Sadler finished on the lead lap of every race at Pocono Raceway from 2002-1 through 2006-1-- a span of nine consecutive races.
* In 21 starts at Pocono Raceway, Sadler has one top-10 finish (2003-1), and five top-15 finishes (most recently 2004-2). Sadler has led five times for a total of 46 laps at Pocono.
* Chassis No. 261 started 10th and finished 27th at Dover and raced in Las Vegas and Phoenix earlier this season. No. 259 will serve as the backup for the 14th time this season (last Indianapolis).
* Sadler has led seven races this season for a total of 35 laps, including at least one lap led in six of the last 12 points races.
* In 2009, Sadler leads all Richard Petty Motorsports drivers in bonus points (35 points). All of his bonus points have come from leading laps.