No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Feels Like the First Time: This weekend will be the first time that Stremme will race at Pocono Raceway. In anticipation for the Pocono 500, he will be running the Coors Light Dodge in the ARCA event on Saturday. ...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Feels Like the First Time: This weekend will be the first time that Stremme will race at Pocono Raceway. In anticipation for the Pocono 500, he will be running the Coors Light Dodge in the ARCA event on Saturday. The ARCA 200 is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. and will be aired LIVE on Speed Channel.
* NASCAR Day: Stremme will be attending the "Pennsylvania NASCAR Day at the Capitol" on Wednesday in Harrisburg, Pa. The event will be held at the State Capitol and several show cars will be displayed along with appearances by Stremme, Bobby Labonte and Elliott Sadler. The event is free and open to the public from 11 to 1 p.m. on Commonwealth Ave. outside the East Wing of the building. Everyone that attends will receive one free ticket to the ARCA race at Pocono on Saturday.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Steve Lane and the No. 40 Coors Light crew are taking chassis No. 309 for the Pocono 500 this weekend. This will be the first time this season that the team will race this chassis.
* A Year of Firsts: Stremme earned five bonus points this past weekend for leading a lap during the 400-lap event at Dover International Speedway. This was the NEXTEL Cup rookie's first lap led of his young NEXTEL Cup career.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently sixth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings. Stremme, with 90 points, is 53 points behind leader Denny Hamlin.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Stremme maintained his 37th-place position in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup championship standings. He is 423 points out of the top 20.
David Stremme Quote:
"I am looking forward to running the ARCA race in Pocono this weekend. This will be my first time at Pocono so the more seat time I can get the better. I really appreciate the fact that Chip (Ganassi) and Felix (Sabates) are giving me the opportunity to compete in the ARCA race and get familiar with the track. It's great to see Coors Light on the ARCA car, they have been a great Cup sponsor and I appreciate all the support they have given me. I am also looking forward to the race on Sunday and hopefully we can get a good finish."