Kenseth on racing at Phoenix International Raceway: "Every week this season has been a little bit of a surprise to me. Last year we weren't very good at some of these tracks, where already this season, I can say that we've really improved. A lot...
Kenseth on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"Every week this season has been a little bit of a surprise to me. Last year we weren't very good at some of these tracks, where already this season, I can say that we've really improved. A lot of those tracks that challenged us last year, have been ones where we've had some great finishes this season. I enjoy racing at Phoenix, so this week will be another test for us to see how our programs are progressing."
Crew chief Todd Parrott on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"Coming off of an off weekend, and Martinsville being our last race before the break, we had a great car at Martinsville and almost had a chance to win the race. I really feel that our team has a lot of optimism going into Phoenix this weekend in regards to our short track program. This team participated in a tire test at Phoenix during the off season as well, so I think that when you combine our current momentum along with the success we've been building upon, we should have a great weekend out in Arizona for our Crown Royal Black Ford Fusion.
This is going to be the same Phoenix that it's always been where you have to fight to get your car turning well in the center and then be able to drive off the corner. A lot of people focus on the center so much that they forget to also work on the drive off. Phoenix takes a good balanced car to be able to get through the center of the corners and then have enough bite to drive off. Track position is very important at Phoenix as well since the field will be running very close speeds to one another. We are looking forward to this year's first Saturday night race of the regular season."
* In 15 Cup starts at Phoenix, Kenseth has completed 4,195 of 4,684 laps (89.6 percent) and led for 158
* Kenseth has an average starting position of 21.3 and an average finishing position of 19.0 at Phoenix
* Kenseth has achieved one win, five top-fives and six top-10's at Phoenix in the Cup series
* This weekend at Phoenix, Kenseth will pilot the No. 17 Crown Royal Black Ford Fusion
* Entering the Subway Fresh Fit 600 at Phoenix, Kenseth is currently third in the NSCS driver point standings