Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Home123 Dodge * New look: The No. 42 Dodge will carry the blue and white colors of Home123, a subsidiary of New Century Financial Corporation, and one of America's largest providers of home mortgage loans, this weekend ...
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Home123 Dodge
* New look: The No. 42 Dodge will carry the blue and white colors of Home123, a subsidiary of New Century Financial Corporation, and one of America's largest providers of home mortgage loans, this weekend in Phoenix. This is the first of six events that Home123 will serve as the primary sponsor on the car in 2005.
* Championship Standings: McMurray and the team moved up one spot in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings with their second-place effort at Texas Motor Speedway last weekend. The team currently sits 14th in the standings, just 29 points out of 10th.
* Phoenix Facts: McMurray is looking for his first top-10 finish at Phoenix International Raceway in the NEXTEL Cup Series. McMurray's best finish in the No. 42 is 12th. However, he drove the No. 41 Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Dodge to victory lane in the NASCAR Busch Series last fall.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the team will be taking chassis #503 to Phoenix International Raceway to compete in the Subway Fresh 500. McMurray piloted this chassis in Martinsville just two weeks ago. He was running in the top 15 when the right-front tire went flat. The team salvaged a 25th-place finish despite falling four laps down.
* The Joplin, Mo., native finished 11th in points in the 2004 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series chase.
He posted nine top-five and 23 top-10 finishes, including 12 top-10 finishes in the last 14 events of the 2004 season.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
On Phoenix International Raceway... "I've always enjoyed racing at Phoenix. I didn't really have any good runs there though until last season, but I've always loved the track. I won the Busch Series race there last year in the No. 41 Dodge, and then we had a great run going in the NEXTEL Cup race until I got caught up in a wreck towards the end of the race.
"We tested the Cup car out in Phoenix a few weeks ago and had what I considered to be a really good test. I feel like we've found some things on our cars over the last month or so that is going to continue to make us a better race team.
"Heading into Phoenix off our strong second-place finish last weekend in Texas is definitely a big momentum boost for the team. It's also going to be cool to get to race under the lights this time in Phoenix. I always say that getting to race at night reminds me of the days of racing on the short tracks growing up. It should be a great weekend for the Home123 team."