Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Havoline Dodge HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Havoline Dodge
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #208. In three starts in 2003, chassis #208 has scored one top-five and three top-10 finishes (Bristol #2 - 3rd ; New Hampshire #2 - 10th ; Martinsville #2 - 8th).
* Jamie McMurray was the top Raybestos Rookie last weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway, finishing 15th. He took top rookie honors for the 19th time this year and has been the highest finishing rookie in the last ten races. Entering the Checker Auto Parts 500 presented by Havoline, McMurray holds a 33-point advantage (276-243) over Greg Biffle in the Raybestos Rookie point standings.
* In his last seven races, McMurray has posted five top-10 finishes.
* McMurray has scored five top-five and 12 top-10 finishes during his NASCAR Winston Cup rookie season.
* McMurray comes to Phoenix 15th in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points.
* McMurray spent this week in Los Angeles as he joined fellow NASCAR drivers Tony Stewart, Matt Kenseth, Kurt Busch, Jeremy Mayfield and Christian Fittipaldi for the taping of the game show "Pyramid". The special NASCAR edition will air during the month of November.
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"This is a big weekend for us at Phoenix. Havoline is the presenting sponsor of the race, so there will be a lot of guests in town for race. I feel pretty good about our chances this weekend in Phoenix."
"We're taking the same car we ran at Bristol, Loudon and most recently at Martinsville, and scored top-10 finishes in all three races. It's a good short track car and should run well at Phoenix."
"I've had good runs at Phoenix in the past, I just haven't had the results to show it. I know there are some changes that have been made to the track and we didn't test out there, but my teammates at Chip Ganassi Racing, Sterling Marlin and Casey Mears, did test out there, so we have their notes to go off of. Our Havoline Dodge should be good this weekend."