Target Team Fast Facts: * Phoenix Phacts: Sorenson has four starts at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR), one in the NEXTEL Cup Series and three in the Busch Series, with his best finish of second coming earlier this season in the...
Target Team Fast Facts:
* Phoenix Phacts: Sorenson has four starts at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR), one in the NEXTEL Cup Series and three in the Busch Series, with his best finish of second coming earlier this season in the April Busch Series race. Additionally he recorded an eighth-place finish in last November's Busch race. His lone NEXTEL Cup start resulted in a 40th-place effort.
* Energizer-Cars Promotion: Energizer is hosting an event at the NASCAR SpeedPark in Charlotte, N.C., on Nov. 14 to help launch the release of the Cars DVD. Reed Sorenson will arrive at the SpeedPark with the Energizer Bunny to make a special delivery of Cars DVDs for children from the Victory Junction Gang Camp. The camp is designed to help children with chronic medical conditions and serious illnesses. Additionally, Sorenson and the kids will take a few laps around the track. After the race, Sorenson and the Energizer Bunny will host a special screening of the movie. Complete details on the Energizer-Cars promotion and the SpeedPark event are available upon request.
* TUMS: TUMS and Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) recently announced a two-year associate partnership beginning in 2007. As part of the deal, the TUMS logo will appear on the rear decklid of the No. 41 Dodge, driven by Reed Sorenson in the NEXTEL Cup Series, throughout the season. In addition, the car will feature a TUMS paint scheme during the April race weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. David Stremme's No. 40 Dodge will carry the TUMS logo on its B post throughout the season and also will feature a full TUMS paint scheme at Chicagoland Speedway in July. TUMS branding also will be visible on driver and crew uniforms and on team equipment.
* NEXTEL Cup Points Report: Sorenson and the No. 41 team maintained their 25th position in the overall standings after finishing 17th in the last event at PIR. With a total of 3243 points, the team is only 128 points out of 20th.
* Rookie Round Up: Sorenson sits third in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings with 196 points. With two races remaining he trails leader Denny Hamlin by 88 points and second place Clint Bowyer by 37. Sorenson has captured rookie of the race honors in five of the 34 races run thus far in '06 (Atlanta -- 10th, Martinsville -- 12th, Michigan -- fifth, Chicagoland -- seventh, Michigan 2 - eighth).
* Busch Series Update: Sorenson remains 10th in the Busch Series driver standings after finishing 36th in the last event at Texas Motor Speedway, and he is only 43 points out of ninth.
Reed Sorenson on Phoenix...
"Last weekend's race at Texas was a big improvement from what we experienced the whole month of October. We still didn't get the finish that the car was capable of, but the overall performance was excellent. I made a mistake trying to be too greedy and spun the car out. We were able to overcome that and get a good finish out of it. Overall it was a great effort by everyone on the Target team and a huge confidence booster going into the final two races of the season.
"I like Phoenix and I expect us to be fast when we unload on Friday. We're taking our new light-weight short track car that was developed this season. It was a contender for the win in New Hampshire earlier this year and I think it will be equally as good this weekend. I really want to get a win in one of these final two races and I believe this team is as capable as any team to do that."