PATRICK CARPENTIER QUOTES: "Ray and Mr. Gillett decided to give me a shot and it is an unbelievable opportunity. Obviously I know there are guys that have been running on the dirt track all their life trying to come up. But sometimes it's ...
PATRICK CARPENTIER QUOTES:
"Ray and Mr. Gillett decided to give me a shot and it is an unbelievable opportunity. Obviously I know there are guys that have been running on the dirt track all their life trying to come up. But sometimes it's just timing. Everybody gets different opportunities. For us, what we did in Montreal opened a lot of doors. I've been on an oval track since I was five. When I got on the oval in the Indy cars at first it felt like home because of that. But it will still be a challenge for me going to Phoenix. We'll have to qualify the car on time and there is some strong competition. We did a test in Kentucky a few weeks ago and it went well but coming to the track here, it's a whole different animal. For me right now I'm doing my fast lap on the fourth or fifth lap. But to do it on the first and second lap is what we need to make this race."
* Patrick Carpentier will drive the No. 10 Dodge at Phoenix and Homestead as well as all of 2008.
* This weekend's race at Phoenix will mark Carpentier's first attempt at a NASCAR oval start.
* The No. 10 team remains 37th in owner points and will have to qualify for the race on speed.
* Carpentier recently participated in the COT test at Atlanta Motor Speedway in the No. 10 Dodge Avenger for Gillett Evernham Motorsports.
* His first Cup start for Gillett Evernham Motorsports came at Watkins Glen this summer where he finished 22nd and led seven laps (the first laps led for the No. 10 this season).
* Carpentier has competed in CART, IRL, CASCAR, and Grand-Am series with much success.