KASEY KAHNE QUOTES: "This race gives us the opportunity to evaluate the progress we've made with the COT during the year. Our team has worked really hard trying to improve our program. Phoenix will be a good test to see where we are with...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES:
"This race gives us the opportunity to evaluate the progress we've made with the COT during the year. Our team has worked really hard trying to improve our program. Phoenix will be a good test to see where we are with our Dodge Avenger.
"This has been a disappointing year as far as our on-track performance. Our team has never stopped working hard and that effort is producing results. We still have work to do, but we've closed the gap. After this weekend at Phoenix, I think we will have a good idea of where we are with our COT and the work ahead in preparation for the 2008 season."
* Kahne and the No. 9 Dodge Dealers team are continuing their efforts toward strong runs late in the season. In the past four races, Kahne has two top 10 finishes.
* He has a career average finish of 15.5 at Phoenix Int'l Raceway in a Gillett Evernham Motorsports Dodge.
* The No. 9 Dodge Dealers Avenger qualified a solid 10th at Phoenix earlier this season.
* He finished sixth and seventh, respectively, in Cup races at Phoenix last season.
* Kahne knows how to drive the unique one-mile oval in Phoenix; he has completed all but four laps in six career starts there.
* Kahne is in his fourth season with Gillett Evernham Motorsports. He posted a series-high six wins last year and earned a berth in the Chase for the Nextel Cup.
* The No. 9 Dodge features the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty promotional paint scheme again this weekend. It will also be on the No. 9 at Homestead.
* Chrysler is the first and only OEM (original equipment manufacturer) to offer a 'best-in-industry' Lifetime Powertrain Warranty -- providing worry-free ownership.
* The Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components -- engine, transmission and drive system.