Chassis: No. 121 Car Info: The No. 9 team has not raced this chassis. It has been tested at Richmond and Milwaukee. KASEY KAHNE QUOTES "We had a great car at Texas, but that's been the case all year. We've had cars capable of running up front.
Chassis: No. 121
Car Info: The No. 9 team has not raced this chassis. It has been tested at Richmond and Milwaukee.
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
"We had a great car at Texas, but that's been the case all year. We've had cars capable of running up front. The No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger was up near the front most of the race at Texas. We definitely had a top-five car, but you have to finish. We didn't do that. It's disappointing, but you can't change the results. We have to continue to work to eliminate obstacles that keep us from good finishes. We are looking forward to the two remaining races. We have a shot at winning both. Finishing the season on a winning note builds momentum for next year. Our goal this year was to make The Chase. You have to do that to get a shot at the Nextel Cup.
"We will be taking an Evernham Motorsports chassis to Phoenix that hasn't been raced. We've tested in it a couple of times, but it hasn't been raced. I'm confident Kenny (Francis, team director) and the crew will have it competitive by Sunday. "
KASEY KAHNE FAST FACTS
- Kahne has two top-ten finishes at Phoenix International Raceway. The first came in his rookie season when he started fourth and finished fifth.
- Kahne finished sixth at Phoenix earlier this year.
- Kahne has no DNFs at PIR and has completed 99.9 percent of laps attempted (1,250 of 1,251).
- Kahne will carry Chrysler Financial on-board the No. 9 Dodge for the remainder of the season. (see picture, right)
- The 2006 season marks the third consecutive year Evernham Motorsports has had a car in the Chase for the Championship (No.19 in 2004 and 2005)
- Kahne is the only six-time winner in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series this season. His wins came at Atlanta, Texas, Lowe's (both races), Michigan, and California.
- Kahne is 10th in the Chase for the Championship standings, just 137 points out of sixth. He is 290 points behind the leader.
- Kahne has claimed the Bud Pole five times this year.