* Phoenix's Camry...The No. 36 Toyota Johnny Benson is scheduled to drive in the Checker Auto Parts 500 at Phoenix International Raceway is chassis No. COT 15. This car was last utilized at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. * Double...
* Phoenix's Camry...The No. 36 Toyota Johnny Benson is scheduled to drive in the Checker Auto Parts 500 at Phoenix International Raceway is chassis No. COT 15. This car was last utilized at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway.
* Double Duty for Trip too...Benson's Truck Series crew chief Trip Bruce will also pull double duty this weekend. He'll call the shots for Benson's Cup team. Slugger Labbe, who led the No. 36 team for the past two weeks, will lead the No. 27 Bill Davis Racing effort with Jacques Villeneuve this weekend.
* Benson's Career Stats...Benson hopes to make his 273rd career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start when the green flag waves Sunday afternoon. He made his first career Cup Series start in February 1996 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway and finished 32nd (qualified 23rd) in his first Cup Series start at Phoenix in 1996. Benson's lone Cup Series start this season resulted in a 31st-place finish at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway in the spring. He was driving a car fielded by Wyler Racing.
* Benson at Phoenix...Benson has made eight starts on the one-mile track during his Cup Series career, starting as high as fourth (2000). He has earned three top-10 finishes in Cup Series competition at the track in Avondale, Ariz. He has also experienced a great deal of success in his six NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series starts there. Benson has started from the front row three times, including one pole position. He has also scored four top-five finishes and five top-10 finishes and has finished outside the top 10 only once.