* Joey Logano will be making just his second NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) start at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) this weekend. Logano and The Home Depot Team started from the 31st position in April and gained 10 spots to finish the ...
* Joey Logano will be making just his second NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) start at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) this weekend. Logano and The Home Depot Team started from the 31st position in April and gained 10 spots to finish the 312-mile race in the 21st position.
* Meet Logano and Matt Kenseth! Fans in the Phoenix area can meet Logano at The Home Depot Store in Avondale, Ariz. on Nov. 12 from 5 -- 7 p.m. The store is located at 1489 N. Dysart Rd., 10 minutes from PIR. Also appearing with Logano is 2003 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Matt Kenseth. There will be a children's workshop, photo opportunities with the No. 20 Home Depot Toyota and an autograph signing by Logano and Kenseth.
* Logano and The Home Depot Team sit 19th in the Sprint Cup Series standings heading to Phoenix this weekend. Logano maintained his standing after a 19th-place finish last weekend at Texas. He is currently 37 points behind Marcos Ambrose in 18th and 77 points behind the 17th-place driver Jeff Burton.
* Welcome aboard The Home Depot associates from store # 8201 from St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. The associates from the island in the Caribbean will ride along with Logano as he competes in the Checker Auto Parts 500 this weekend.
* The No. 20 Team is taking chassis #250 to the track this weekend for the 312-lap race at PIR. The Home Depot team has raced this chassis twice this season -- at Pocono Raceway and New Hampshire International Speedway. Logano started from the 19th position after qualifying was rained out and finished 27th in the Monday event at Pocono. Most recently at Loudon, he was involved in an incident during the Sylvania 300 and eventually fell a lap down to the leader, but battled back to finish in the 21st position and on the lead lap.
* Logano leads Scott Speed by 36 points (237-201) in the Raybestos Rookie standings entering this weekend's race in Phoenix. Only two teams have ever won a race in Phoenix in their driver's rookie year. The Home Depot Team won in 1999 with Tony Stewart and Logano's Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Kyle Busch won as a rookie in 2005. Last year's top rookie finished 23rd in the Checker Auto Parts 500.