Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts: * Points Position: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team maintained 11th in the overall standings with their 11th-place effort at Texas Motor Speedway last weekend. They extended their lead to 51...
Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts:
* Points Position: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team maintained 11th in the overall standings with their 11th-place effort at Texas Motor Speedway last weekend. They extended their lead to 51 points over 12th place and they are currently in position for the season-ending $1 million bonus for the highest finishing team outside of "The Chase."
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team have selected chassis #506 for this weekend's race at Phoenix International Raceway. This is a new car built this season and it has previously run one other time in the second Martinsville race (seventh-place finish).
* Best 25 Over Last Six: McMurray ranks ninth out of the best 25 drivers over the last six races. He has posted two top-10 finishes during that period, including a seventh-place effort at Martinsville and a sixth-place run at Atlanta. McMurray also finished 11th last weekend at Texas and led a total of 38 laps before finishing 12th at Talladega. He has scored a total of 737 championship points in the last six events.
* Double Duty: In addition to Sunday's NEXTEL Cup Series Race, McMurray will competing in the Busch Series event on Saturday driving the No. 64 entry.
* Get into the ACTION: McMurray will be at Action Performance, 1480 Hohokan Dr., Tempe, Ariz. 85281, on Wed., Nov. 9 signing autographs from 6-8 p.m. MT.
* Stop By Your Local Checker Auto Parts Store: McMurray will be at the Checker Auto Parts store located at 3107 E. Indian School Rd., Phoenix, Ariz. 85016, on Thurs., Nov. 10 signing autographs from 3-4 p.m. ET.
* "Shine On" Diecast Car Sweepstakes: Forty two lucky participants have the chance to win a complete set of four limited edition No. 42 Texaco/Havoline "Shine On" diecast cars signed by Jamie McMurray. To register, visit www.texacohavoline42.com. The replica cars driven by McMurray at Texas (April), Charlotte (May), Sonoma and Talladega (Oct.) are a part of the "Shine On" series celebrating the history of the Texaco brand with four retro logos on the hood. The sweepstakes began on Sept. 20 and ends on Nov. 30.
Jamie McMurray on Phoenix International Raceway:
"I'm ready to get on track in Phoenix this weekend. It's a fun, but challenging, and those are the kind of tracks you like to compete on as a driver. We're taking the same car we finished seventh with at Martinsville a couple of weeks ago, and we feel like it's the right one for Phoenix. Both tracks are relatively flat, and you need the car to rotate in the corner and have lots of forward bite exiting. We found that balance at Martinsville and I'm confident we can do the same it this weekend.
"The Texaco/Havoline team has really come to life the last few weeks and I look to keep that going during the final two races. We had a rough go of it during the summer months, but we learned a few things that we've applied to the cars and it's helped considerably. We've got ourselves in position to finish 11th in the points and we're excited about that. Our goal is to protect that position for the final two races and hopefully bring home a victory."