McMurray on racing at Phoenix International Raceway: "Phoenix is a fun race track to run at, but it's also a challenging track because you have to set up your car for two different corners. Turns one and two are completely different from turns...
McMurray on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"Phoenix is a fun race track to run at, but it's also a challenging track because you have to set up your car for two different corners. Turns one and two are completely different from turns three and four, so your car has to be balanced well enough to turn at both ends due to the unique shape of the track. We've had some fairly good runs at Phoenix lately so I hope that this weekend plays out in our favor for this IRWIN MARATHON team. Phoenix is a place that I always look forward to because I really enjoy visiting the area; it's just a great place to visit and to be able to race at twice a year."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"Our focus for this weekend at Phoenix is to have a car with enough adjustability built into it that we're able to adapt to the changes we'll find in the track conditions Sunday. Phoenix is a very unique one-mile track that's very flat and has very different corners at each end of the track so we need to make sure that the handling is exactly how Jamie needs it to be. Jamie has had some strong runs at Phoenix and it's a track that he has a good understanding of, so it would be nice to leave Phoenix with a great finish Sunday."
* In his 12 career Cup series starts at Phoenix, McMurray averages a 17.4 starting position and a 20.8 finishing position
* McMurray's best Cup series finish at Phoenix came November 2008 when he finished third
* This weekend at Phoenix, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 IRWIN MARATHON Ford Fusion
* McMurray has achieved one top-10 and one top-five finish in his 12 career Cup series starts at Phoenix International Raceway
* Entering this weekend's race, McMurray is currently 22nd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings