STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 19 Insignia Dodge Charger, and his team are attempting to finish out the final two races of the season on a good note to build momentum into the offseason. Sadler recorded his fifth top-10 of...
STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 19 Insignia Dodge Charger, and his team are attempting to finish out the final two races of the season on a good note to build momentum into the offseason. Sadler recorded his fifth top-10 of the season while leading 12 laps two weeks ago at Talladega and would like to add to two more top-10s or better in the next two races.
Sadler, who is an avid outdoorsman, typically tries to sneak in his final round of golf of the year at Phoenix, before returning home in time for the start of hunting season on Monday.
ON PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY: "I like the layout of Phoenix a lot. It's kind of fast like Richmond (Va.) without the banking. It's one-mile and has similarities to Loudon (N.H.), but has higher speeds. It has a distinct backstretch. It really is it's own beast altogether. We've picked up our flat-track program this year and I feel like we get a little better each and every time we visit."
ON VISITING PHOENIX: "I love visiting that part of the country. They have great fans, great racing and there are a lot of nice restaurants, golf courses and shopping. I normally try to sneak away and get in at least one last round of golf for the season while I'm there. If not, I still try to visit a couple of the golf stores in the area to check if they have anything new that I haven't seen. We also try to get a group together and go out for dinner. Phoenix has some of the best restaurants of any city that we visit. It's just a fun trip."
* Due to the 50 point penalty NASCAR issued to the No. 1 car, Elliott Sadler and AJ Allmendinger both advanced one spot in the driver point standings. Sadler is now 24th and Allmendinger 25th.
* Collectively in 2009, RPM drivers have posted two wins, nine top-fives, 24 top-10s and have led 302 laps through the first 34 points races.
* In 15 starts at PIR, Sadler has one top-five (second, 2008-2) and two top-10 starts. He has led 17 laps and recorded one top-10 finish (2002).
* In 2009, Sadler has led 49 laps in nine races for a total of 45 bonus points. In 2008, Sadler led five races for a total of 21 laps.
* Sadler was the first RPM driver to race a Ford Fusion in anticipation of a full manufacturer switch for 2010. Sadler finished seventh in RPM's Ford debut.
* Wally Rogers replaced Kevin Buskirk as Sadler's crew chief staring at Bristol-2.
* Insignia HDTVs, DVD players, speakers, digital cameras and GPS are quality products at affordable prices available exclusively at Best Buy.
* Insignia recently launched its "Advanced Series" televisions. The new Advanced Series HD Flat-Panel TV has the latest in audio technology and a great HD image.
* On Tuesday, Sept. 8, Sadler and wife Amanda announced they are expecting the birth of their first child in March 2010.
* Richard Petty's pink cowboy hat, Sadler's race used items - steering wheel, firesuit, gloves and shoes from the NASCAR Banking 500 at Lowe's Motor Speedway are all currently up for auction at www.SadlerFoundation.org. All proceeds from the auction will benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure to help fight breast cancer.