ELLIOTT SADLER QUOTES: "Phoenix poses a lot of problems for teams because each turn is very different. It will be interesting to see how the COT responds. I think we'll get some indication of the progress we've made at Gillett...
ELLIOTT SADLER QUOTES:
"Phoenix poses a lot of problems for teams because each turn is very different. It will be interesting to see how the COT responds. I think we'll get some indication of the progress we've made at Gillett Evernham Motorsports in recent months with our COT program.
"We have the people in place with Rodney (Childers, team manager), Kevin (Kidd, team engineer) and all the guys to compete for a berth in the Chase next year. We still have a lot of homework this winter. We've got to make sure that when we get to Daytona next year we have all the front end stuff, all the COT package, everything we need to race competitively because right after Daytona is California, Las Vegas and Atlanta - fast racetracks. We feel like we had a decent test in Atlanta with the COT. We learned some things. Kasey (Kahne) and I are working very well together, sharing information. We have to continue to work together. We are approaching next season thinking we can make the Chase.
"This is a special race for us, as we will have the SIEMENS paint scheme on our No.19 Avenger. They are a valuable partner to our company by not only providing financial support, but also providing technology resources to our engineers. The car really looks great."
* Sadler has 11 starts at Phoenix Raceway and has never failed to finish a race there.
* He has led the field for 17 laps at PIR.
* Last week at Texas the No. 19 team rallied back after having tire issues to finish 12th. It marked their second top 15 finish in as many weeks.
* In the past 10 races, only twice has Sadler failed to qualify in the top 15.
* Team Director Rodney Childers will continue to be atop the No. 19 pit box for the two remaining races this year and in 2008.