2009 CHASE REWIND * Kahne started the 2009 Chase sixth in driver standings. Busch started the Chase eighth in the standings. * Busch race results: Loudon (6th), Dover (5th), Kansas (11th), Fontana (8th), Lowe's (10th), Martinsville 17th, ...
2009 CHASE REWIND
* Kahne started the 2009 Chase sixth in driver standings. Busch started the Chase eighth in the standings.
* Busch race results: Loudon (6th), Dover (5th), Kansas (11th), Fontana (8th), Lowe's (10th), Martinsville 17th, Talladega (30th) and Texas (Win). He is currently fourth in driver standings.
* Kahne race results: Loudon (38th), Dover (8th), Kansas (sixth), Fontana (34th), Lowe's (3rd), Martinsville (32nd), Talladega (2nd) and Texas (33rd). He is currently 10th in the Chase standings
* Busch trails series leader Jimmie Johnson by 171 points. Kahne trails by 399 points.
* Kurt Busch has five top-10 finishes in eight Chase races this season (Loudon, Dover, Fontana, Lowe's and Texas). For the year, he has nine top-five and 19 top-10 finishes.
THE CHASE -- KURT BUSCH AT PHOENIX
* Checker O'Reilly Auto Parts: Qualified: 2nd
* Phoenix starts: 13
* Phoenix wins: 1
* Phoenix top 5s: 4
* Phoenix top 10s: 7
* Busch was the 2004 Sprint Cup champion.
* Busch is making his fourth Chase appearance and second driving a Dodge.
* Busch's best finish at Phoenix came at the spring race in 2005 when he was the race winner.
* Average start at Phoenix: 14.8 Average finish: 12.5
THE CHASE -- KASEY KAHNE AT PHOENIX
* Checker O'Reilly Auto Parts 500: Qualified: 4th
* Phoenix career starts: 10
* Phoenix wins: 0
* Phoenix top 5s: 1
* Phoenix top 10s: 3
* Kahne won six races in 2006 en route to his only previous berth in the Chase. He finished eighth in the final standings.
* Kahne's best finish at Phoenix (fifth) came in 2004 at the fall event.
* Average start at Phoenix: 13 Average finish: 19.5
DODGE IN THE CHASE
* 2004: Former Dodge drivers Jeremy Mayfield and Ryan Newman were in the inaugural Chase. Both had problems in the first event at NHMS with Newman finishing 33rd and Mayfield 35th.
* 2005: Three Dodge drivers (Mayfield, Newman and Rusty Wallace) made the Chase field with Newman winning the opener at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Newman ended up sixth, Wallace eighth and Mayfield ninth in the final standings.
* 2006: Kahne was the lone Dodge driver in the Chase field, finishing eighth in the final standings.
* 2007: Busch was the lone Dodge representative in the Chase. He finished seventh in the final standings.
* 2008: There were no Dodges in the 2008 Chase field.
DID YOU KNOW
* Dodge is seeking its first win while earning four poles at Phoenix International Raceway.
* Busch will start tomorrow's race from the outside pole, his best qualifying effort at PIR.
* Kurt Busch finished second (career best at PIR) in last year's fall event at Phoenix International Raceway. In 13 starts at PIR, Busch has one win (2005), four top-five and seven top-10 finishes and led 571 laps at PIR.
* Busch has posted top-10 starts in seven of his last eight races at PIR. He has been running at the finish at all 13 previous starts at the one-mile oval.
* Kurt Busch earned his 20th career NSCS win last weekend in Texas tying him with Speedy Thompson for 32nd overall.
THEY SAID IT
"Everybody back at the shop is trying to find their own cowboy hat
because I promised all the guys that I would get them cowboy hats. We ran
out of cowboy hats and we're going to have to order some more."
Kurt Busch, No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge
"I think we all saw last week that things can happen and you can lose
those points. As long as they (48 team) finish races and run like they
have for the first half of the Chase, they're going to be pretty
tough to beat."
Kasey Kahne, No. 9 Budweiser Dodge
-credit: dodge motorsports