No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Wheeling Along: This week the No. 40 Dodge will be sporting the red, black and white colors of Discount Tire Company. The company, a longtime partner of Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS),...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Wheeling Along: This week the No. 40 Dodge will be sporting the red, black and white colors of Discount Tire Company. The company, a longtime partner of Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS), is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona.
* Keep on Truckin: One of the No. 40 transport drivers, Tim Beaver, made it to the semifinal round of the Freightliner Run Smart Hauler Challenge. This is the inaugural year for the event that has hauler drivers maneuvering though an obstacle course to test their skills such as parallel parking and backing up around curves. Last week's run at Texas Motor Speedway was the final run of five made throughout the season. Beaver, a Mooresville, N.C. native, finished third overall to win the $5,000 prize.
* Earlier this Season: Back in April at Phoenix International Raceway, after continually fighting the handling of the Coors Light Dodge, rookie Stremme was relegated to a 29th-place finish as he ran out of gas on lap 306 of the Subway Fresh 500 at Phoenix International Raceway.
* Looking toward Phoenix: This will be Stremme's second NEXTEL Cup Series start at Phoenix International Raceway; he has four Busch Series starts. His average starting spot is 17th and his average finish is 20th. His highest start of third came in the fall of 2003 and his highest finish is also third in the spring of 2005, both in the Busch Series.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently sixth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings. With 159 points, he is 125 points behind leader Denny Hamlin and only 26 points behind fifth-place J.J Yeley.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Stremme is currently 34th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup driver standings. The No. 40 Dodge gained one spot, moving up to 33rd in the owner standings. After this weekend's run at PIR, there will only be one race remaining in the 2006 season.
David Stremme Quote:
"We had a really good car last weekend in Texas and unfortunately I got too loose during practice and hit the wall. The back-up car was good and I am happy where we ended up but I wish we could have finished higher. We gained a spot in the championship points standings and with two races left that helps us accomplish one of our goals. We hope to continue to gain spots over the next two weeks.
"I ran in the Discount Tire car in the Busch Series in Milwaukee and I am looking forward to sporting their colors this weekend in the Cup Series race. They are headquartered here so it will be nice to go out and get a good run in front of all their employees and executives. We are taking the same chassis that I finished 15th with at Martinsville and I think we can get another good finish out of it this weekend in Phoenix."