David Stremme, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * New Faces: This week at Phoenix there will be a new face on top of the No. 40 Coors Light pit box. Steve Lane has assumed the crew chief position on the No. 40 Dodge starting...
David Stremme, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* New Faces: This week at Phoenix there will be a new face on top of the No. 40 Coors Light pit box. Steve Lane has assumed the crew chief position on the No. 40 Dodge starting this weekend. Lane has been a member of the Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) organization for three years and was most recently the car chief on the No. 41 Dodge. Before coming on board at CGRFS, Lane was crew chief of the No. 45 Petty Enterprises Dodge for two seasons. He also served as Jeremy Mayfield's car chief at Penske from 1997 through 2001.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Lane and the No. 40 crew are taking chassis No. 507 for the Subway Fresh 500 this weekend. Stremme and the team brought this chassis to the test at Richmond International Raceway last week, but this is the first time the chassis will see competition this season.
* Looking Toward Phoenix: This will be Stremme's first start in a NEXTEL Cup car at Phoenix International Raceway. He has four NASCAR Busch Series starts at the 1-mile track. His highest starting position in a Busch car is third and his highest finish is also third which earned in the spring race last season.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently sixth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings. Stremme, with 47 points, is 24 points behind leader Denny Hamlin.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: After finishing 21st two weeks ago at Texas, Stremme remains in the 37th position in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings. He is 370 points behind teammate Casey Mears, who holds the 10th spot and 209 points out of the top 20.
David Stremme Quotes:
"The 40 team is looking to turn things around this weekend at Phoenix. We started to gain some ground at Texas and we are hoping to build on that this weekend. I am looking forward to my new crew chief Steve Lane bringing over some of the things he has worked on with the No. 41 car. He has been here at the organization working on the No. 41 car and they have had some strong runs. We are looking forward to him coming in and helping us get this season turned around. Phoenix is probably one of my top five tracks to run at so it is a perfect track to go to this weekend and get a top-10 finish."