This past weekend, Mike Skinner, Lowe's and the American Red Cross unveiled the "Racing for Relief" program which is based on the April NASCAR racing of Mike Skinner. Mike has raised $11,354 after finishing the DirecTV 500, the first of the four...
This past weekend, Mike Skinner, Lowe's and the American Red Cross unveiled the "Racing for Relief" program which is based on the April NASCAR racing of Mike Skinner. Mike has raised $11,354 after finishing the DirecTV 500, the first of the four program races.
The Racing For Relief program, led by Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse, NASCAR driver Mike Skinner and the American Red Cross, raises funds for disaster relief and awareness about disaster preparation.
* For Mike Skinner, completing laps not only means reaching the checkered flag, but raising dollars for disaster relief. During April, the start of severe weather season, Lowe's will donate $31 (Mike's car number) to the Red Cross for every lap Mike completes, $1,031 for every lap lead during Winston Cup races.
* During April, consumers can contribute to their local Red Cross chapter by visiting their nearest Lowe's store or to the national disaster relief fund by calling 1-800-HELP-NOW.
* The "Racing for Relief" logo will be visible inside the Mike Skinner's No. 31 Chevrolet at the DirecTV 500 and NAPA Auto Parts 500 events during April. Fundraising results will be posted on lowes.com and mikeskinner.com web sites.
* Each year, weather disasters strike every region in our country, making a devastating impact on the lives of thousands of Americans. The Red Cross chapters annually mobilize relief to the victims of more than 60,000 disasters nationwide. * Educating consumers on disaster preparedness can help prevent property damage and save lives.
* Lowe's supports the Red Cross as part of its commitment to helping people recover and rebuild their lives following a disaster. Last year, Lowe's contributed $1.3 million to disaster relief efforts including $800,000 in donations to the Red Cross. * Throughout the year, Lowe's responds to natural disasters by contributing to local and national Red Cross relief funds, donating product, implementing customer programs and volunteer efforts. Lowe's also serves as an official cash donation site for the Red Cross.