* Statistically speaking, Michigan International Speedway is Paul Menard's best track on the NASCAR Sprint Cup circuit. * In the Sprint Cup Series, Menard has recorded four starts at Michigan International Speedway. * Menard has a career ...
* Statistically speaking, Michigan International Speedway is Paul Menard's best track on the NASCAR Sprint Cup circuit.
* In the Sprint Cup Series, Menard has recorded four starts at Michigan International Speedway.
* Menard has a career starting position average of 34.8 and an average finishing position of 21.2 at Michigan International Speedway.
* His best finish in three starts was last June when Menard started 26th and finished the race in the 11th position.
* Pittsburg Paints will be back on the hood of the No. 98 Pittsburg Paints / Menards Ford Fusion for this weekend's LifeLock 400.
*Chassis: Primary -- RK-611 -- Last outing, Phoenix, April 2009; Finished 23rd
* Backup -- RK-503
Menard on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"Michigan is one of the bigger tracks on the circuit. Not in distance, but in the width of the track. There are a lot of different lines you can run at Michigan based on how your car is balanced and where you feel you can get the most speed out of it. Michigan is more of a driver's track where you can run those multiple lines.
"Michigan is also home to Ford Racing who has seen a lot of success at this track in the past. I'm going to the Ford World Headquarters for the first time on Thursday to see their new 2010 lineup and hopefully can give them a great finish at the their hometown track on Sunday."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"Our intermediate program this season has been hit or miss. Typically in the past, we are pretty dialed in at the 1.5 and two-mile tracks. We felt like we were moving in the right direction at Charlotte a couple weeks ago and had we been able to race, we knew the adjustments we would have needed to make. This weekend, with all of the engineering that both Ford Racing and Doug (Yates) have put into our intermediate program with this new car; we should have a pretty good effort on Sunday."