KASEY KAHNE QUOTES "Michigan is a good track. The track gets wide. You can race from top to bottom. It's a fun track. I like racing there. We raced well there last year. Everything changes so much, but we'll go up there and hopefully have a ...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
"Michigan is a good track. The track gets wide. You can race from top to bottom. It's a fun track. I like racing there. We raced well there last year. Everything changes so much, but we'll go up there and hopefully have a really good starting point and see what happens. You can go anywhere you want on the track if your car is working well. You can be as fast on the top as on the bottom of the track. If your car is not working well, you have to move around, find a different line that will work. You have to be willing to move your line during the race because the track changes and it may be faster in one area of the track than it was earlier in the race.
"It was nice to get that first win and not have to deal with the questions like, 'Why haven't you won' and 'When are you going to win'. It's nice to get that behind us and look forward to the next one.
"For the second half of the season, we just want to get consistent. If we can be consistent, we can get in The Chase. That's been our problem -- consistency. We're up and down with our performance. We just haven't found that balance week in and week out. We hope to get that changed this weekend at Michigan."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT MICHIGAN
* This weekend will mark Kahne's third NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start at Michigan.
* Kahne earned his best career Michigan finish of second last June after qualifying 34th.
* Kahne earned his best start at Michigan in the August race last year with an 11th place qualifying effort. He finished the race in fifth.
TOP-FIVE SWEEP AT M.I.S.
* Kahne is one of only two drivers to score top-five finishes in both Michigan races last year -- finishing second and fifth, respectively.
* Kahne and the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team are scheduled to test at Carolina Motorsports Park, in Kershaw, S.C., this Thursday, June 16. The team will use the test to prepare for the June 26 roadcourse race at Infineon Raceway.
KAHNE CHARGES TO VICTORY AT RICHMOND!!!
* Kahne claimed his first NASCAR Nextel Cup Series victory in last month's race at Richmond. Kahne started from the pole position, led seven times for 242 laps, and never fell out of the top ten, en route to his first career victory.
* Kahne's win was also the first of the season for the new Dodge Charger, which returned this year after a 27-year hiatus from NASCAR's premier series.
RICHMOND WIN MILESTONES
* Kahne's win was the sixth win for Evernham Motorsports, marking the fifth consecutive year that an Evernham Dodge has visited victory lane.
* Kahne became the 11th driver to win from the pole position at Richmond, the last of whom was Bill Elliott who won from the top spot in spring of 1992.
* Kahne also joined an exclusive club of 13 drivers to earn career wins in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck, Busch and Cup series.