TRAVIS KVAPIL, YATES RACING Travis Kvapil on Michigan: "I'm ready to head back to Michigan this weekend. I've had a lot of success at that track and I think we had a pretty solid run back in June. I think that if we take what we had in June...
TRAVIS KVAPIL, YATES RACING
Travis Kvapil on Michigan:
"I'm ready to head back to Michigan this weekend. I've had a lot of success at that track and I think we had a pretty solid run back in June. I think that if we take what we had in June in regards to our set-ups, and improve upon those a little bit, then we should have a car that can definitely contend for a top-10 finish on Sunday. We're excited to have Carfax on board and our team's goal this weekend is to give Carfax a tremendous introduction to the Sprint Cup Series. I feel very confident about what our team has been able to develop upon as we return to tracks for the second time this season."
Todd Parrott on Michigan:
"This will be our second time around going to Michigan this season and I feel really good about it. For the first race this year at Michigan we had a really good car but I feel that our 16th-place finish didn't show how strong of a car we had. We are actually bringing that same car back this weekend and we're fortunate enough to have Carfax on our car this week. I feel that we're going to be even better this second time around at some of these tracks we ran well at earlier in the season."
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* Kvapil will have media availability at the No. 28 hauler from 11:15am-11:30am on Friday, August 15th
* Kvapil will sign autographs at the Ford Racing merchandise trailer on Sunday, August 17th at 10:00am
* Kvapil has an average starting position of 30.0, and an average finish of 24.4 at Michigan
* Kvapil has completed 910 of 932 career laps at Michigan (97.6 percent)
* Kvapil's best finish at Michigan is 16th which h accomplished in the June 2008 race
Chassis #530 is the chassis the No. 28 Carfax Racing team will be running this weekend for the 3M Performance 400 at Michigan International Speedway. This is the same chassis the team last ran at Michigan for the LifeLock 400 in June and finished 16th.