Terry Labonte ...
Terry Labonte #45 Marathon American Spirit Motor Oil Dodge
One thing about being a part-time driver is that you rarely get a chance to run the same track twice in the same year. That makes it hard to get into a rhythm. So going back to Michigan with a race under my belt in this new car gives me confidence that we can have a good run this weekend. We had a good car at the end of the race in June. I know the feel that I'm looking for with this new chassis."
"If I have one goal for this particular race, it's to get this No. 45 Marathon American Spirit Motor Oil Dodge into 38th place in owner points after Michigan. We're less than 50 points out of that spot right now. A good finish will put us up there. Stewart (Cooper, crew chief) and I have worked well together this year. Our communication has been strong despite not working together every week. We need to continue that at Michigan to gain the points that we need."
"We're calling the races that Bobby and I are teammates the 'Texas Two Step.' I'm not much of a dancer, but I have to admit that's pretty original. This part-time schedule that I have been running has really been fun for me. It's been the most fun I've had at the racetrack in a long time. That's due to the fact that I get to race with my brother. Who knows how many more opportunities we'll have to do this so I'm enjoying each one of them."
* In 54 races at the track, Labonte has scored seven top-5s and 13 top-10s.
* His highest finish at MIS is second, which he scored in 1984, 1995 and 1996.
* Labonte has scored two poles at the D-shaped oval, both of which came in 1983.
* He has started within the top-10 at the track a total of 19 times.
* Labonte also drove for Petty Enterprises in the No. 45 Dodge at Michigan in June.
* Of a possible 10,759 laps at MIS, Labonte has completed 9,957 (92.5%).
* Labonte's average start there is 17.7 and average finish is 19.5.