Sterling Marlin, ...
Sterling Marlin, #40 Coors Light Dodge
COORS LIGHT TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #203 at Michigan. This is the same car that finished 34th at Indianapolis, 6th at Michigan and Pocono, 39th at Darlington and 8th at Las Vegas this season.
* Did You Know?: Sterling Marlin has nine Top-10 finishes with no Top-5 finishes so far this season.
* Michigan Facts: Sterling Marlin has posted 11 top-10 finishes, including one victory, in
36 races at Michigan. He has finished sixth or better in four of the past five races there.
* Testing: Sterling will be heading to Milwaukee on Monday and Tuesday after the Michigan race for testing.
* Fascinating Fact: Sterling Marlin is the only driver in the Top-20 in Winston Cup points without a Top-5 finish this season.
* Marlin and Michigan: Marlin has one, very historic win at the track (8/19/01) -- Marlin's win was the first win for Dodge since November 1977. On the same day, Ganassi joined Rodger Penske as the only team owners to do the CART/NASCAR double on the same race weekend when Target Chip Ganassi Racing driver Bruno Junqueria captured CART's Motorola 220 at Road America on the same day Marlin won in Michigan.
Lee McCall, Coors Light Crew Chief:
What is the outlook for this weekend at Michigan?
"I have a positive outlook for this weekend," McCall said. "We led laps in the spring and had the best car there but we just had a bad restart. I mean we ended up finishing 6th and that's not bad but we had a chance to win the race. We are taking the same car back there this weekend and we are really excited about the race."