Martin Looks To Take Batmobile To Victory Fresh off a strong third-place finish at Watkins Glen, Martin returns to Michigan Int'l Speedway where he is a four time winner. Martin will be running a No. 6 Pfizer/Batman special paint scheme this ...
Martin Looks To Take Batmobile To Victory
Fresh off a strong third-place finish at Watkins Glen, Martin returns to Michigan Int'l Speedway where he is a four time winner. Martin will be running a No. 6 Pfizer/Batman special paint scheme this weekend, as he looks to take the No. 6 to victory lane for a fifth time at Michigan.
Chassis Number: (RK-231) - The team will run RK-231 at Michigan this weekend. RK-231 is considered the team's favorite, having posted extremely strong runs at Chicago and Indy.
Worthy Note: Martin has won four times at Michigan in the cup car and twice in a Busch car.
IN THE POINTS - BATTLING BACK
Martin's third place run at The Glen moved him up two spots to 13th in the Nextel Cup standings and only 72 points outside of 10th place with four races remaining in the Chase for the Championship.
MARTIN AT MICHIGAN
Martin's four wins at Michigan are the third most of any active driver. In addition, Martin has 24 top-10 and 13 top-five runs in 37 starts at MIS. Martin scored a disappointing 34th place finish at Michigan earlier this year, after a transmission failure on the race's first lap dropped the team down several laps. Still Martin had one of the fastest cars in the race and will look to capitalize on that this weekend.
SUPER POWERS MEET HORSEPOWER
Martin will be one of five Roush drivers taking part in the Justice League promotion this weekend. Martin will drive the Batman car, with teammates Greg Biffle (Flash), Kurt Busch (Superman) and Carl Edwards (Green Lantern) all running for the Justice League on Sunday. In addition, Maritn will power the No. 9 Pennzoil/Batman Ford along side teammate Matt Kenseth (Martian Manhunter) and Greg Biffle (Flash) in Saturday's Busch race.
HOLY ROCKETSHIP BATMAN!!!
Martin has long called his superfast cars the "Batmobile". This week he'll be running his favorite car RK-231, which is the same car that proved to be a rocket at both Chicago and Indy. Martin has consistently ran inside the top five in four of the last five races (Chicago, Pocono, Indy and Watkins Glen).
RETURN TO THE BUSCH SERIES
Martin is set to start his first Busch race since 2000 on Saturday. Martin, whos 45 wins are a Busch series record, has won two times in the Busch series at Michgian.
QUOTING MARK AND PAT ON MICHIGAN
"We are excited about going to Michigan. Michigan is a track where if you have a good car, you can pass some people. We are taking the Indy/Chicago car and it's been really strong in those races, so we are pretty excited about seeing what we can do at Michigan this week. We were strong there last time, but had a problem on the first lap of the race and had to ride around all day several laps down. Hopefully this weekend we can get the finish we were hoping for last time. This team continue to amaze me. We've had so much go wrong, and yet they just keep coming back. I don't care what the points say, this is a top-five team we have here and we run that way every week to show it. It's silly that we are even talking about he top-10, because we should be up a lot higher than that, but well just keep fighting and see what happens. No matter what I love this team and I really appreciate their effort.
"I can't wait. We've been really strong over the last four or five races and we are taking our fastest car this weekend to Michigan. Mark loves that track and if we can get the bad luck behind us, we should come out of there with another strong finish."
Mark Martin Fast Facts - Michigan
* Martin's 24 top-10 finishes at Michigan are the most of any active driver.
* Martin has four wins at Michigan in the Cup car, the third most of any active driver.
* Martin has led 20 races at Michigan for a total of 795 laps.
* Martin has posted 13 top-five finishes in 36 races t Michigan.
* Martin has finished in the top 10 in four of his last six at Michigan.
* Martin has two wins in seven races in the Busch car at Michigan.
ONE OF NASCAR'S ALL-TIME ELITE, MARK MARTIN
* Martin's 34 Nextel Cup wins put him fourth on the win list among active drivers and 17th on the all-time list.
* Martin has currently started 532 straight Nextel Cup races, the third-longest current streak and the seventh-longest streak in Cup history.
* Martin's 41 Nextel Cup poles are the fifth most in Cup history.
* Martin ranks fifth all-time in the Nextel Cup point standings.
* Martin has started 588 Cup races, finishing inside the top 10 on 334 occasions, inside the top five 209 times and visiting winner's circle 34 times.
* Martin's 45 career wins in the Busch Series are a NASCAR record.
* Martin's 11 victories in IROC competition ties Dale Earnhardt for the most ever. In addition Martin has won four championships in the IROC series, including a record three straight.