KASEY KAHNE QUOTES "The car we're taking is the new body and chassis we ran at Indy, and the same 'reverse' pit cap paint scheme. We expect it to run just as well at Michigan as it did at Indy. Tommy (Baldwin) and the guys have figured...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
"The car we're taking is the new body and chassis we ran at Indy, and the same 'reverse' pit cap paint scheme. We expect it to run just as well at Michigan as it did at Indy. Tommy (Baldwin) and the guys have figured some things out since the start of the season, and we're much more competitive on the mile-and-half and two-mile tracks. We missed on our package a little bit at some tracks early in the season. A lot of teams did. But we're getting it back now. We're excited to be going back to these tracks again and see what we've got.
"Michigan is one of my favorite racetracks when things (the car) are right. There are multiple grooves that change during the race.
"We've got some good tracks coming up, really good tracks for us. We've been to some tracks that haven't been the better tracks for us in the past where we've had some good runs. I think things are picking up for us. We just have to continue to finish up front, go for the victories and move up in the points."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT MICHIGAN
* This weekend's race will mark Kahne's fourth career NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start at Michigan Int'l Speedway. Kahne has earned two top fives and two top 10s at the track.
* Kahne earned his best career Michigan finish of second in the spring race of 2004 after qualifying 34th.
* Kahne earned his best start at Michigan this spring with a fourth place qualifying effort. He finished the race 18th after suffering a cut tire.
* Kahne finished fifth in the 2004 fall race at Michigan after leading twice for six laps.
KAHNE TO RUN 'REVERSE' PIT CAP SCHEME AT MIS
* As a thank-you for the sea of red Kasey Kahne Dodge pit caps seen in the grandstands each weekend, Kahne's No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger will sport the 'reverse' pit cap paint scheme that Kahne raced to a second place finish at Indianapolis this month. The special scheme features a predominantly white design with two red racing stripes across the entire length of the car top -- a 'reverse' color design based upon the popular hat.
MOVING ON UP
* Kahne's 17th place finish at Watkin Glen , moved him up two spots in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series standings to the 19th position.
* Kahne's point total of 2,324 is just 25 points shy of 18th place. He is 106 points out of the top 15.
KAHNE CHARGES TO VICTORY AT RICHMOND!!!
* Kahne claimed his first NASCAR Nextel Cup Series victory at Richmond. He started from the pole position, led seven times for 242 laps, and never fell out of the top ten, en route to his first career victory.
* Kahne's win was also the first of the season for the new Dodge Charger, which returned this year after a 27-year hiatus from NASCAR's premier series.
RICHMOND WIN MILESTONES
* Kahne's win was the sixth win for Evernham Motorsports, marking the fifth consecutive year that an Evernham Dodge has visited victory lane.
* Kahne also joined an exclusive club of 13 drivers to earn career wins in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck, Busch and Cup series.
* Kahne became the 11th driver to win from the pole position at Richmond, the last of whom was Bill Elliott who won from the top spot in spring of 1992.