No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: This will be Stremme and the Coors Light crew's second time at Michigan International Speedway. Crew chief Steve Lane and the Silver Bullet crew are taking chassis No. 611 for the event this weekend. ...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: This will be Stremme and the Coors Light crew's second time at Michigan International Speedway. Crew chief Steve Lane and the Silver Bullet crew are taking chassis No. 611 for the event this weekend. Stremme raced this car to an 18th-place finish two weeks ago at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
* First Win at Michigan: Last time Stremme raced at Michigan International Speedway, he not only competed in the NEXTEL Cup event but also the Hantz Group 200 ARCA race. Stremme piloted the No. 61 car for Rusty Wallace Inc. and proceeded to dominate the competition. He started third but took over the lead on lap one and never looked back, lapping the entire field to become the only driver that completed all 100 laps of the competition. He led a total of 99 laps and also posted a new race record speed of 145.956 miles per hour.
* Mighty Michigan: Stremme has three NASCAR starts at the 2-mile tri-oval. His highest finish was 11th in the Busch Series in 2004. His highest start is also 11th the year before in the Busch Series.
* First Time Around: The first time around at Michigan International Speedway, Stremme worked his way up to 19th in the 3M Performance 400 before rain showers cut short the race on lap 129. At the time 19th was Stremme's highest finish of the 2006 season, his current highest finish of the season is 11th at New Hampshire in July.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently sixth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings. With 132 points, he is 101 points behind leader Denny Hamlin and only 24 points behind fifth place J.J. Yeley.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Stremme is currently 35th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup driver standings. The No. 40 Dodge team moved up three positions after last weekend's run at The Glen. The team is currently 32nd in the owner standings, just 228 points out of 25th. There are now 14 races remaining in the 2006 season.
David Stremme Quotes: "The first race at Michigan was one of our turn-around races this season. I was hoping we would have been able to go racing again after it rained because we had a fast car and we had really gotten it dialed into the race track. We played it safe with our pit strategy when we saw the rain coming but I definitely thought we could have finished better than 19th.
"This track is one of my favorite on the circuit. I consider it my home track and since it is so close to home several of my family members come to the race and support me. It is always nice to have family around. The Coors Light team has been working hard and we hope to continue our momentum this weekend and get a top-10 finish for the No. 40 Dodge."