Edwards on racing at Michigan International Speedway: "I always say Darlington is my favorite race track, but Michigan is becoming a close second. Michigan has a lot of personal history for me and I'm always glad to go there -- it's where I made...
Edwards on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"I always say Darlington is my favorite race track, but Michigan is becoming a close second. Michigan has a lot of personal history for me and I'm always glad to go there -- it's where I made my first Cup start, where I made my 100th start and where I broke a 52-race winless streak with a win for Office Depot in June. I'm really excited to go back and hopefully make some more great history there."
"Michigan is a great track with some really awesome racing. You can pass and I think the fans always see a good show there. I'm just really looking forward to going to Michigan and doing everything I can to get another win for the Office Depot team. Bob and the team have worked so hard this year and I can't thank them enough. I know we'll be great this weekend."
Crew Chief, Bob Osborne on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"The entire Office Depot team is looking forward to going back to Michigan this weekend. Michigan has always been a great track for the Office Depot team and we're excited to return to a place where we've had so much success. Michigan is a really special track for us. It's the site of Carl's first Cup start and his most recent win. He's had a lot of nice solid runs there and I think we are definitely capable of doing that once again. Our team has what it takes to win there and I'm looking forward to building on that and continuing to make gains towards the Chase."
* Carl Edwards and the No. 99 Office Depot team return to the site of their last victory this weekend heading to Michigan International Speedway
* Edwards has six NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series starts at Michigan, including his first career start. In six starts, Edwards boasts one win, four top-five and five top-10 finishes
* Edwards has competed 100% of the laps he's raced at Michigan
* Edwards is currently fifth in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series point standings with 2824 points, 560 points behind leader, Jeff Gordon
* Happy Birthday--Edwards will celebrate his 28th birthday on August 15
* Office Depot Store No. 2381 from Suwanee, GA, is this week's sales winner and will ride along on the No. 99 at Michigan this weekend.