* Stremme Heads to Milwaukee: Next weekend, while Scott Pruett is out west filling in for David Stremme in the No. 40 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Dodge at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif., Stremme will be filling in for Reed Sorenson in the No. 41...
* Stremme Heads to Milwaukee: Next weekend, while Scott Pruett is out west filling in for David Stremme in the No. 40 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Dodge at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif., Stremme will be filling in for Reed Sorenson in the No. 41 Busch Series Dodge at the Milwaukee Mile in West Allis, Wis. Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) announced last month Pruett--the team's road-racing veteran and current points leader of the Rolex Sports Car Series--would make the switch from Daytona Prototypes to stock cars to race the No. 40 Dodge entry in the first NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series road course race of the season on June 25. Stremme would resume his driving duties of the No. 40 Dodge July 1 at Daytona International Speedway. In the meantime, Stremme will go race at the Milwaukee Mile where he has three NASCAR Busch Series starts and has never finished outside the top five. Altogether, he has totaled one pole, two top-five starts, and three top-five finishes. His best results were in June 2004, when he started on the pole and then finished second. Sorenson, who has been racing full time in both the NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series', will resume his driving duties of the No. 41 Discount Tire Dodge at Daytona International Speedway for the 18th NASCAR Busch Series race of the 2006 season on June 30.
* Double Duty: This weekend Stremme will pull double duty at Michigan International Speedway (MIS). He will be competing in the No. 61 ARCA car for Rusty Wallace Inc. and the No. 40 Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Dodge in the NEXTEL Cup Series.
* Michigan Stats: Stremme has had two Busch Series starts at MIS. His best finish was 11th in 2004 and his best start was 11th in 2005.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Steve Lane and the No. 40 Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon crew are taking chassis No. 608 for the 3M Performance 400 this weekend. This will be the first time this season that the team will race this chassis.
* Family Time: This weekend Stremme will be spending Father's Day with many members of his clan. Since MIS is only about two hours away from Stremme's hometown of South Bend, Ind., several of his family members will be in attendance for the 400-mile event.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently sixth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings. Stremme, with 97 points, is 67 points behind leader Denny Hamlin.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Stremme maintained his 37th-place position in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup championship standings. He is 423 points out of the top 20.
David Stremme Quote:
"Michigan is a track that is near and dear to me. It is the place where we made the announcement last year that I would be the driver of the No. 40 car. It is also close to home so several of my family members will be here this weekend. I love when they can come out and see me race. Hopefully, dad will be able to make it to the track to spend Father's Day with me. I have been trying to get him to come with the rest of the family, but he usually makes those decisions at the last minute. We're a racing family and everyone, including my mother and me, races against each other so hopefully he'll come out to watch on Sunday.
"The Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon crew has been working really hard. We're getting all the pieces together and the stronger runs will start showing that, hopefully we'll get in a good one this weekend at Michigan."