Target Team Facts: * Championship Standings: Casey Mears and the Target Team moved up to 16th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings after their top-10 effort at Pocono. Mears sits 150 points out of the NASCAR Top 10. *...
Target Team Facts:
* Championship Standings: Casey Mears and the Target Team moved up to 16th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings after their top-10 effort at Pocono. Mears sits 150 points out of the NASCAR Top 10.
* If it ain't broke, don't fix it: Once again the Target Team will bring chassis #402 to Michigan International Speedway to try and earn Mears his first top-five finish. This chassis has four top-10 finishes this season including a 10th last weekend at Pocono.
* Happy Father's Day: The Target Dodge will sport a special Father's Day paint scheme in honor of Casey's father Roger as part of an Action Performance program this weekend at MIS. If Casey is the top finisher out of the 12 participating cars, his father will be presented with a $25,000 bonus.
* Michigan: Mears won the ARCA race at Michigan last June and set the ARCA qualifying record as part of his rookie year "ABC" program. His best finish in a NASCAR NEXTEL Cup race at MIS is 20th. This season Mears has improved his finish over last year's corresponding race in 10 out of the 14 events.
* To access the media guide online for Target, Casey Mears and Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, visit https://racing.target.com/mediaguide.
Casey Mears Quotes:
On Michigan... "Michigan has been a good track for me, so I am really looking forward to this weekend," said Mears. "There have been several times this season where we've had a top-five car but have been unable to finish there like last weekend. The Target Team is really coming together this season and everyone is excited about this weekend.
"I also get a chance to show my appreciating for my dad with the Father's Day car that we are running this weekend. He has been such a huge influence in my racing career, but more importantly in all aspects of my life. Having him at the track each weekend is so important to me and now I have the chance to say 'thank you'. I want more than anything to be able to hand my dad a check at the end of the race for $25,000. How cool would it be to get my first NEXTEL Cup win in a car dedicated to my dad?"