Fast Facts * Carl Edwards will make his 100th NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start this weekend at Michigan * Edwards made his Cup Series debut at Michigan in August 2004 -- started that race 23rd and finished 10th * Edwards is currently seventh...
* Carl Edwards will make his 100th NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start this weekend at Michigan
* Edwards made his Cup Series debut at Michigan in August 2004 -- started that race 23rd and finished 10th
* Edwards is currently seventh in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series point standings with 1,710 points, 539 points behind leader, Jeff Gordon
* This weekend Edwards travels between Michigan and Kentucky to compete in both the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series events. Edwards is coming off a Busch Series win at Nashville and currently leads the Busch Series standings
* Office Depot Store No. 2370 from Clermont, Fla. is this week's sales winner and will ride along on the No. 99 at Michigan this weekend
Edwards on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"I'm really looking forward to Michigan. It's a great track with some really awesome racing. You can pass and I think the fans always see a good show there. I'm just really looking forward to going to Michigan and doing everything I can to win there. Michigan is a kind of bragging rights track. It's in Roush's back yard, Ford's back yard -- so a win there would be huge. Bob and the team have worked so hard this year and I can't thank them enough for really making tons of improvements."
"This weekend will also be my 100th NEXTEL Cup Series start and I'm really excited about that. It is truly amazing how fast time flies. It seems like just yesterday I got the call from Jack (Roush, team owner) letting me know I'd be taking over the No. 99. I remember being so excited and really nervous. Now 100 races later, I am just as excited about the opportunity he gave me."
Crew Chief, Bob Osborne on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"The entire Office Depot team is looking forward to going back to Michigan this weekend which was the site of Carl's first Cup start. He's had a lot of nice solid runs there and I think we are definitely capable of doing that once again. Our team has been improving so much over the last few weeks and I'm looking forward to building on that and maintaining our top 10 point status."