ON MICHIGAN SUCCESS: "I've always liked going to Michigan. I've just managed to have some decent success there in the past. I can't really say why. It's like I've said a million times, it's just a track that suits my driving style. It's like ...
ON MICHIGAN SUCCESS:
"I've always liked going to Michigan. I've just managed to have some decent success there in the past. I can't really say why. It's like I've said a million times, it's just a track that suits my driving style. It's like California, Kansas, Las Vegas or Indy -- those racetracks that sort of favor how you drive and where you're able to put it all together."
ON RUNNING A PARTIAL SCHEDULE:
"With the way Ray has structured his teams and the route that he's going in keeping them abreast, (I'm) not like a guy just running every now and then without having other avenues of gathering information. With Chris Andrews here, and all of the stuff that they've got going on, and him being able to run several different things and keep abreast of Jeremy and Kasey... Yeah, you might lose a little bit, but it would be nowhere near like coming in cold turkey, not having the other information to feed into to run a partial deal. But, being able to run more stuff here the next few months, that's going to give me a better opportunity to expand on what we're trying to do."
* Elliott is scheduled to drive EMS chassis No. 103 this weekend at Michigan. Elliott raced this chassis at Charlotte and ran competitively among the top 10, leading 13 laps before an accident took him out of the race.
* This will be Elliott's first start in the No. 91 McDonald's Dodge Charger this year, and his fifth start of the regular season for Evernham Motorsports.
HISTORY OF DOMINANACE
* Elliott's seven victories rank third all-time at Michigan.
* Six of Elliott's wins came in an eight-race span. He won the spring race in 1984 then swept both races in 1985 and 1986, finishing off his run with another victory in the fall race of 1987.
* Elliott has swept both Bud Poles at Michigan three times -1988, 1984 and 1985
ACTIVE LEADER IN ALL CATEGORIES
* Elliott ranks first among all active drivers with the most poles, wins, top fives, top 10s, and laps led at Michigan.
ELLIOTT RETURNS TO ACTION
* Elliott will make his 742nd career start at Michigan. He has 44 career wins, 55 career poles, 175 top fives and 320 top 10s.
* Elliott's next Nextel Cup race is scheduled for Indianapolis in August.
* Mike Janssen will assume duties as rear tire changer for the No. 91 McDonalds Dodge Charger team this weekend at Michigan. This will be Janssen's first race with the No. 91 team this year.