SCOTT RIGGS QUOTES: "This weekend we will have to have a strong qualifying effort in order to make the race on time. But you need to do that regardless at Martinsville, for good pit selection and track position. Leading into this event, we have...
SCOTT RIGGS QUOTES:
"This weekend we will have to have a strong qualifying effort in order to make the race on time. But you need to do that regardless at Martinsville, for good pit selection and track position. Leading into this event, we have done some testing with our Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge to get the brake package right. Last weekend we made a lot of calculated adjustments to get the new Car of Tomorrow stable and help it roll through the center of the turns. Its center of gravity is a little bit higher than the Charger and that gives it a tendency to be loose on entry and tight in the center.
"After our cut tire last weekend we have been wondering 'how long can this bad luck keep up?'. We have been running strong, had good cars, and been doing all the right things we just haven't been able to finish the deal off for one reason or another. We feel good about our chances of getting our season turned around starting this weekend."
* Riggs has had good results on the treacherous half-mile circuit at Martinsville. He posted his first NASCAR victory there in the Craftsman Truck Series in 2001.
* Martinsville was also the site of Riggs's first Nextel Cup career pole in the spring of 2005.
* His average start at the short track in Martinsville is 12.3.
* Riggs has zero DNFs in six career starts at Martinsville.
* Riggs has completed an impressive 99.6 percent of laps run at Martinsville during his six career starts there.