YATES RACING -- FAST FACTS * In the Sprint Cup Series, Menard has recorded three starts at Martinsville Speedway. * His best finish in three starts was last March when Menard started 35th and finished the race in the 16th position. *...
YATES RACING -- FAST FACTS
* In the Sprint Cup Series, Menard has recorded three starts at Martinsville Speedway.
* His best finish in three starts was last March when Menard started 35th and finished the race in the 16th position.
* Energizer will make its debut on the hood of the No. 98 Energizer / Menards Ford Fusion for this weekend's Goody's Fast Relief 500.
* Statistically speaking, Martinsville Speedway ranks as Menard's third best track behind Michigan and Dover.
* Menard posted an 11th-place finish last weekend in the Nationwide Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway -- his first start since July 2007.
Primary -- RK-509
Backup -- RK-506
Menard on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"This week we had a chance to run a few laps at the little track in Rockingham making sure everything is ready to go for this weekend at Martinsville. We are certainly behind the eight ball going into this weekend with where we are in the points, but I'm confident in this No. 98 Menards team that we will be able to get it done on Friday and have a good race on Sunday.
"I've enjoyed racing at Martinsville in the past and am looking forward to this weekend. There is a little more added pressure going into this weekend, but we just need to treat it like any other weekend. We can't let ourselves get too worked up over the points situation, I know that will work itself out over the next few races. Larry and all the guys on the team have done a great job of keeping their heads up and knowing the job ahead of us. If we can qualify well on Friday, have a good race on Sunday, we'll be in a much better position going into Texas the following weekend."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"The entire No. 98 team knows and understands the position that we are in going into this weekend's race at Martinsville. It's unfortunate that we are outside of the top 35. It certainly hasn't been because Paul's on-track performance; it's been more to bad luck. In Daytona, we were caught up in a wreck, in Fontana we had a gear break on us, in Vegas, we were caught up in another wreck and this past weekend, it was a couple bad pit stops that put us behind. This weekend we will treat it as any other weekend, unload on Friday and do the best we can. Hopefully, we'll have a great race and get ourselves up a little higher in the points and go from there. This is a great team that has just been faced with some bad luck to start the season."