Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Championship Standings: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline Team currently sit 15th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings after their 24th-place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway last weekend. McMurray and the...
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Championship Standings: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline Team currently sit 15th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings after their 24th-place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway last weekend. McMurray and the team sit just 43 points out of the NASCAR Top 10, and 269 points behind current leader Jimmy Johnson.
* Martinsville Facts: In only four NASCAR NEXTEL Cup starts at the .526-mile oval, McMurray has earned one top-five and three top-10 finishes, and has two starts inside the top 10. Scoring a strong second-place finish to Jimmie Johnson during last fall's visit to the track, McMurray also led 41 laps over the course of the day and helped raise $5,166 for the Autism Society of America. The day before his second-place effort, McMurray went to victory lane at Martinsville in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race.
* Movie-Star McMurray: McMurray and the No. 42 team are being filmed by the reality television show NASCAR Drivers: 360 this weekend through Texas for two upcoming episodes of the FX Network show.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team will be taking chassis #503 to compete in Sunday's Advance Auto Parts 500. This is a new chassis in the Texaco/Havoline stable.
* The Joplin, Mo. native finished 11th in points in the 2004 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series chase. He posted nine top-five and 23 top-10 finishes, including 12 top-10 finishes in the last 14 events of the 2004 season.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT BACK-TO-BACK SHORT TRACK RACES?
"I think it's great to go from Bristol to Martinsville. To me, that's what racing is all about. Both of the tracks are really good tracks for me. If we had to race at Bristol every week it wouldn't be fun, but it's fun to go from here to Martinsville. Change is good."
Crew Chief Donnie Wingo Quotes:
"Jamie and I thought that these two tracks, Bristol and Martinsville, were where we could make up the most ground in the points. If you look at our history, they are the two best tracks for us and for a top-10 finish. Before last week the worst we ever finished was 11th at Bristol. We fell out at our first Martinsville, but since then we have never finished out of the top 10. We finished second at Martinsville in the fall, and we are looking to get another strong finish there this weekend and hopefully make up some ground in the points standings."