* Testing: The No. 40 team tested last week at Martinsville in preparation for the Subway 500 this weekend. * Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis ...
* Testing: The No. 40 team tested last week at Martinsville in preparation for the Subway 500 this weekend.
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #504 at Martinsville Speedway, which is the same car they tested at the track. Marlin also raced this car at Phoenix and Richmond this year.
* Earlier this season: Marlin earned a top-10 finish in the Advance Auto Parts 500 at Martinsville Speedway in the spring. The No. 40 Coors Light Dodge has earned a total of five top-10 finishes so far this season.
* Like father, like son: Marlin and his son Steadman were a dueling duo last Friday night at Lowe's Motor Speedway as father and son piloted the No. 40 and No. 12 Dodges respectively in the Dollar General 300. Marlin took fifth and the younger Marlin finished 19th.
* Grilling with Prilosec: Sterling will be helicoptering back to Lowe's Motor Speedway on Saturday afternoon after practice for a cookout with Prilosec OTC contest winners. Marlin, who drove the Prilosec OTC car at Daytona in July, will join the winners at their campsite for food and conversation.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin is 27th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings after the UAW Quality 500 at Lowe's Motor Speedway. The No. 40 Dodge, however, is 26th in owner points.
STERLING MARLIN QUOTES:
"We tested here last week and the car was good. We learned a lot of things for this weekend's race and feel like we have a really good shot at the win. I like racing here, because it's close to home and it's a good old short track. I'd love to take home a grandfather clock, which is one of the trophies that I've always wanted but have never gotten."