* PAUL MENARD will make his fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Martinsville Speedway this Sunday in the TUMS Fast Relief 500. * MENARD AT MARTINSVILLE... In his four previous starts, Menard's best finish at the .526-mile speedway is 16th ...
* PAUL MENARD will make his fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Martinsville Speedway this Sunday in the TUMS Fast Relief 500.
* MENARD AT MARTINSVILLE... In his four previous starts, Menard's best finish at the .526-mile speedway is 16th place.
* MARTINSVILLE AT THE TOP... Martinsville Speedway is Menard's second best finishing track on the NASCAR Sprint Cup circuit. Atlanta Motor Speedway ranks first.
* AVERAGES... Menard has an average start of 33.8 and an average finish of 23.0 in Cup Series competition at Martinsville Speedway.
* SCHROCK RETURNS TO THE HOOD...The No. 98 team will unload the Schrock / Menards Ford Fusion for this weekend's TUMS Fast Relief 500.
Menard on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"I've always enjoyed racing at Martinsville. In our first race of the season at Martinsville, qualifying was rained out and we had to start the race near the back. Larry (Carter) and all the guys have done a good job with focusing on qualifying lately to help us get better track position to start the race. At Martinsville it's imperative that you get a good starting position. If not, you are already behind the 8-ball and have the leaders on your bumper just a few laps into the race.
"We tested our No. 98 Schrock / Menards Ford Fusion at Little Rock last week and are looking forward to a good run this weekend."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"We've worked really hard on our qualifying efforts. I think every crew chief in the garage will tell you that you having track position, especially at Martinsville is key to having a good race. We have to get in there on Friday, have a good practice and qualifying and I think it will be a good weekend overall the for the No. 98 Menards team."