Joey Logano: Does the great run at Lowe's Motor Speedway give you any kind of momentum heading into this weekend's race? "Last week at Charlotte was big for the team. We've had a rough few weeks so we really needed a good run to get some ...
Does the great run at Lowe's Motor Speedway give you any kind of momentum heading into this weekend's race?
"Last week at Charlotte was big for the team. We've had a rough few weeks so we really needed a good run to get some momentum heading into the last few races, and Martinsville is a challenging track."
What's challenging about racing at Martinsville Speedway?
"First and foremost, you have to keep the fenders on the car. But you also have to worry about saving your brakes and keeping your tires cool. It's easy to burn the tires up. We had a right front tire blow out in March and had to make a green flag stop. It put us several laps down. But once I got back out on the track and had some laps under my belt, we were running with the top 10 guys."
What would it mean to put Farm Bureau Insurance and their over 4,000 agents in Victory Lane for the first time in 2009?
"This is the first time Farm Bureau Insurance will be on my No. 20 car in the Cup Series. It would be pretty cool to get a good finish for them and even better to get their first win in the Cup Series with JGR."
What are your goals and expectations for this weekend in the No. 20 Farm Bureau Insurance Toyota?
"We need to continue to improve every time we head back to tracks for the second time. I think it's realistic to finish in the top 10 this weekend. That would be great for the team. We need to fight to stay in the top 20 in points and hopefully gain a few spots before the season is over."
Fun Fact: What was your favorite cartoon growing up? "Bugs Bunny and Looney Tunes."
Farm Bureau Insurance Racing @Quick Facts :
* Joey Logano has one start at Martinsville Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
* Joey Logano's best career finish at Martinsville Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series was 32nd
* Martinsville Speedway: Career Starting Avg. 34.0 -- Career Finishing Avg. 32.0
* Joey Logano has 34 NASCAR Sprint Cup Starts; Best NSCS Finish: 1st (New Hampshire; June 2009)
* Joey Logano has 1 win, 2 top-five & 6 top-ten finishes in 2009
* Joey Logano is in 1st place in the 2009 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Standings
*Chassis: No. 252
*Back-Up Chassis: No. 237
*Chassis 252 has only been on the track once -- at Richmond in September where it started 27th and finished 14th.