McMurray on racing at Martinsville Speedway: "Martinsville isn't my best finishing track statistically, but it's always been a good track for me and one that I've consistently been fast at. At Martinsville it's really hard to discipline yourself...
McMurray on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"Martinsville isn't my best finishing track statistically, but it's always been a good track for me and one that I've consistently been fast at. At Martinsville it's really hard to discipline yourself to wait long enough to get back into the gas on the straightaways, so it's a track that you really seem to focus on developing your rhythm. Compared to larger oval tracks, at Martinsville you feel like you're going so slow that it's hard to make yourself wait long enough to push the gas down. I really love going to Martinsville though; short tracks like Martinsville and the road courses are some of my favorite places to race at during the season. We had a great run earlier this season, so my goal is to run well again on Sunday."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"The challenge of short tracks like Martinsville is track position. Usually there tend to be a lot of cautions at short tracks since everything happens so quickly. This weekend at Martinsville, we'll once again focus on securing a good starting position, so that when Sunday's race comes around, we're with the race leaders and can remain on the lead lap. Jamie (McMurray) really enjoys racing at Martinsville so we look to have that play out in our favor on Sunday afternoon for our Crown Royal team."
* Jamie McMurray has 13 career Cup starts at Martinsville Speedway in which he averages a 14.4 starting position and a 16.4 average finishing position
* McMurray has achieved one Top-5 finish and eight Top-10 finishes at Martinsville
* This weekend at Martinsville, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Martinsville Speedway ranks as McMurray's second best qualifying track on the circuit with an average starting position of 14.4. Sonoma ranks as the best qualifying track for McMurray
* Entering this weekend's race, McMurray is currently 25th in the Sprint Cup driver point standings