FAST FACTS * In seven starts at the famed .526-mile speedway, Jamie McMurray has recorded five top-10 finishes. * In his last visit to Martinsville Speedway, McMurray started on the outside pole position and led six laps en route to a ...
* In seven starts at the famed .526-mile speedway, Jamie McMurray has recorded five top-10 finishes.
* In his last visit to Martinsville Speedway, McMurray started on the outside pole position and led six laps en route to a ninth-place finish.
* Martinsville Speedway is McMurray's fifth best track on the NASCAR circuit. McMurray enters this weekend with an average finish of 13.9 at the track.
* McMurray also boast an impressive average starting position of 14.1 at Martinsville.
* McMurray will be running the IRWIN Industrial Tools paint scheme this weekend.
McMurray on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"I love going to Martinsville, it's one of my favorite tracks. It's a challenging track which is why I enjoy it so much. I like the tracks that most others don't like--Talladega, the road courses and of course, Martinsville. It's a fun track to run at if you have good equipment under you. This weekend should be really good for the IRWIN team. In our last visit to Martinsville earlier this year we started second and were able to bring home a second-place finish. My crew guys have really stepped up in the last few weeks; they have clicked off some great times, but we haven't had the best luck out there on the track. Hopefully we can turn that around in Martinsville this weekend."
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Martinsville Speedway:
"This should be a good weekend for the IRWIN team in Martinsville. It's a track that I enjoy setting up for. Qualifying at Martinsville is very important--starting from the rear isn't the best way to start your day. The leaders will catch you very quickly. We are running the same setup we ran earlier this year when Jamie recorded a great finish. We are looking for the same results this weekend, if not a few positions better."
-credit: roush racing