--Bobby Labonte is the only driver to win in all three series at Martinsville Speedway-- Quotes from Bobby Labonte: "We've had a few races this year where we feel like a good finish either slipped away or was taken away. Martinsville ...
--Bobby Labonte is the only driver to win in all three series at Martinsville Speedway--
Quotes from Bobby Labonte:
"We've had a few races this year where we feel like a good finish either slipped away or was taken away. Martinsville was definitely one of those. We had worked our way up to third place and had the track position game in our favor, but we got caught up in a wreck that was the product of hard, short track racing. It didn't end our day, but it took away any shot we had at winning. One thing about racing is that redemption can be a motivator. We want redemption this weekend and hopefully that translates into a win."
"Every time we would come to Martinsville everyone paid special attention to their brake packages. Big pads, big rotors and special cooling. Then you had to hope that would be enough for your brakes to last all day. Now that the equipment has become so much better we don't see brake failures like we used to at Martinsville. But we do see a lot of right front tire issues that can be attributed to the brakes. The heat melts the bead of the tire and leads to a lot of failures."
"I'm excited to get to Martinsville this weekend because I've liked that place since the first time I got on the track. That's just the way some racetracks are. It's not one thing about them that you can really put your finger on. You just have a good feel for them right out of the box. One of the real highlights of my career would have to be winning a race in all three series at Martinsville. That has to rank right up there with my championship and my Brickyard trophy."
* Labonte is the only driver to win in all three NASCAR series at Martinsville Speedway (Truck -- 2005, Nationwide -- 1992, Sprint Cup -- 2002).
* Labonte has scored six top-5 finishes at Martinsville; all six have been in his last 14 visits to the track. His most recent top-5 came in 2006 when he finished third.
* Labonte has raced at Martinsville Speedway 31 times; he won there in 2002 and has amassed six top-5 and thirteen top-10 finishes at the track.
* Labonte has also started the race within the top-10 on eight occasions. He won the pole at the track in 1995.
* Of a possible 15,362 laps at Martinsville, Labonte has completed 14,458 (94.1%) including 316 laps led. His average start at the track is 18.4 and average finish is 16.5.