No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes * This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will bring chassis PRS-577 to Martinsville Speedway for Sunday's 500-lap event. * Come and See Me... Stremme will be signing autographs at the ...
No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will bring chassis PRS-577 to Martinsville Speedway for Sunday's 500-lap event.
* Come and See Me... Stremme will be signing autographs at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer on Sunday, March 29 beginning at 9:30 am EST. The Penske Racing trailer is located on souvenir row at Martinsville Speedway.
* Tested and Approved... The No. 12 Penske Racing Dodge tested "Little Rock" in Rockingham, North Carolina on Tuesday to prepare for Sunday's race at Martinsville Speedway.
* Penske Power... Penske Racing has made 60 starts at Martinsville Speedway in NASCAR Cup Series competition. The Mooresville, North Carolina-based operation has captured six wins, 19 top-five and 29 top-10 results at Martinsville. The team also has five pole positions to its credit at the speedway.
* Moving On Up... After a solid 19th-place finish in Bristol last weekend, the No.12 Penske Dodge moved up three spots to 23rd in the championship point standings. The team sits only 82 points out of the 12th position.
David Stremme on driving at Martinsville Speedway
"Martinsville is a place where you beat and bang all day. As a driver, you have to be defensive all day. You have to be patient and wait for your competitors to make a mistake and take advantage of it.
"Martinsville is not one of my favorite tracks. Before the season started, I was talking to (crew chief) Roy [McCauley] and told him it was not a place I was looking forward to going and he shocked me by saying it was his favorite track on the circuit. I told him I was going to do my best to make it one of my favorite tracks. We have spent a couple of days working on our short track program in Rockingham and I am confident we are taking a package to Martinsville that will be competitive. Penske has had a lot of success there and I am hoping I can add to it this weekend."
Crew Chief Roy McCauley on racing at Martinsville Speedway
"Martinsville is one of my favorite places. It is full of history, being one of NASCAR's oldest tracks and would really mean a lot for us to get a victory there.
"The keys to success at Martinsville are to preserve your brakes. It is a place where brakes are so important and you need them to last for 500 laps. We learned some things last week in Rockingham that will translate to the race this weekend. David [Stremme] ran a number of laps and was very comfortable with the chassis. We know we have a big task this weekend, but I feel we are all up for the challenge."