* After the first five races of the season, Bobby Labonte and the No. 71 TRG Motorsports team have secured a position in the top-35 in the points standing and will be guaranteed a starting position in the Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500, regardless...
* After the first five races of the season, Bobby Labonte and the No. 71 TRG Motorsports team have secured a position in the top-35 in the points standing and will be guaranteed a starting position in the Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500, regardless of his Past Champion's Provisional.
* Martinsville marks the debut of the spoiler on NASCAR's COT body, which replaces the wing that fans have become accustomed to seeing.
* Labonte made his TRG Motorsports debut last Fall at Martinsville and has 34 starts at the historic track. In that time, he's garnered one win, six top-5's and 13 top-10's.
* TaxSlayer.com will be on-board as Labonte's primary sponsor.
Behind the Wheel with Bobby Labonte
"For the driver, Martinsville can be a tricky place. It's really hard to pass on the outside because the lines are longer and, unless there's a wounded car on the inside, your likelihood of making any headway on the outside groove is pretty slim. You're really better off working on the inside."
"It's going to be interesting to see what the new spoiler brings us as far as competition and drivability goes. We got a little taste of it at the test this week, but there was never a full field of cars out on the track to get that true in-race feel. I do think it's going to be a good thing for competition, and it puts our cars back with what fans are used to seeing as far as the look of the car goes. I'm just ready to get it to Martinsville and see how it reacts."
From the Top of the Box: Doug Randolph
"Martinsville is a tricky track. You've got to have a combination of really good brakes, a fast car, and the mental preparation to go out there and be ready to be a pin ball all day. It's always been a great race for the fans and that's partly because it's so tough to pass. The drivers have to really fight for every position they get."
From the Team Owner: Kevin Buckler
"We've been really fortunate to have a great sponsor like TaxSlayer.com on-board with us this year and we couldn't be happier that they'll be on the 71 this weekend. Martinsville is not only on of our favorites, but it is tax filing season and what a great opportunity to check out TaxSlayer.com right now! We've got some fantastic things on the horizon and I'm looking forward to the team having a real good race here."
-source: trg motorsports