Ken Schrader Notes & Quotes "M&M's" Racing Team Dover Downs International Ken Schrader Said... "The 600 miles we just ran at Charlotte doesn't compare to the 400 miles we run at Dover. If you aren't having a good run, Dover makes for a...
Ken Schrader Notes & Quotes
"M&M's" Racing Team
Dover Downs International
Ken Schrader Said...
"The 600 miles we just ran at Charlotte doesn't compare to the 400 miles we run at Dover. If you aren't having a good run, Dover makes for a long day. It is a very demanding track and you have to keep your nose clean in the early laps and stay out of trouble. Just one little slip and the track will jump up and bite you."
Ken Schrader's Stats...
* The "M&M's" Racing Team tied their season-best qualifying effort last September at Dover Downs International Speedway. The No. 36 Pontiac turned a lap less than one-one thousandths of a second off the pole speed to take the outside pole position for the race.
An accident during happy hour forced the team to a backup car, but despite starting 43rd the "M&M's" Racing Team rebounded nicely to finish 16th.
* Dover Downs has been a solid track for the "M&M's" Racing Team in the performance category. The team has made six starts at the 'Monster Mile' and has earned two top-10 finishes, both in 1998. The "M&M's" Racing Team also has two top-10 qualifying efforts.
* "M&M's" Racing Team driver Ken Schrader has a strong performance record at the one-mile, concrete oval of Dover Downs. In 15 starts at Dover in the spring Schrader has collected 14 top-10 finishes including eight top fives and one win.
* Schrader finished 10th in his first outing at Dover in the spring of 1985. The spring event at Dover has continued to be kind to Schrader, collecting 10 top 10s and five top fives in 15 starts.
* Schrader collected his last career Winston Cup victory at Dover in the spring of 1991. It was the second of two wins that season.