Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: Marlin and the Coors Light crew will bring chassis ...
Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: Marlin and the Coors Light crew will bring chassis #115 to New Hampshire for the New England 300 this weekend. This is the same car that the team took to test at Loudon two weeks ago, this will also be the first time this year the car has raced. Chassis #115 had three top-10 finishes and four top-15 finishes in the 2003 season.
* Testing: Marlin and the Coors Light Dodge tested for the New England 300 earlier this month. The team is also testing this week at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in preparation for the Brickyard 400 later this season.
* Qualifying at New Hampshire: In eighteen starts at New Hampshire, Marlin's highest qualifying effort is second which he did eleven years ago in his first start in 1993.
* Racing at New Hampshire: Marlin's highest finish at New Hampshire came in 2001 when he finished second. He has had four top-10 finishes in 18 career starts at New Hampshire International Speedway.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin is currently 19th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings after his seventh-place finish at Chicago before the off-weekend. The Coors Light Dodge now sits just 232 points out of 10th place.
STERLING MARLIN QUOTE:
How was the test at Loudon earlier this month?
"It looks like the track is not quite as fast as it was with this new pavement. It was all about the same speed. It's the same old New Hampshire. We had a pretty good test. We found some stuff in the last hour we were there that kind of helped the car about three-tenths. We'll just go back and see what we've got. To me New Hampshire is one of the hardest tracks to get your car dialed in on. When you're too tight and too loose, you can't ever get that good combination that you need. It's just a flat track that's tough to pass on. To me, the track has always come up and we've had trouble with it. It looks like they have done a good job with paving the track but it'll still be a one-groove deal."