Kasey Kahne started 13th and finished 10th. * He is 13th in points, one point out of the 12th and final transfer position into the "Chase." * Kahne raced as high as fifth prior to a stop around lap 135 when the No. 9 took four tires, while...
Kasey Kahne started 13th and finished 10th.
* He is 13th in points, one point out of the 12th and final transfer position into the "Chase."
* Kahne raced as high as fifth prior to a stop around lap 135 when the No. 9 took four tires, while those in front of them opted for two.
* Kahne was a victim of the rain. If the race had gone to conclusion several cars who finished higher in the standings would have had to pit.
KAHNE: "The Budweiser Dodge ran great today and we were working our way back toward the front when the rain came. There were a lot of cars that got lucky at the end when the rain came in. The guys gave me another great car and something to build on for the upcoming weeks."
Reed Sorenson started 27th and finished 17th.
* Sorenson was one of the top 10 cars that had pitted and would have climbed in the scoring before the rain fell.
* Caution at the halfway mark saw No. 43 running in 21st--but one of the fastest cars on the track.
* Sorenson raced in 14th at the 175-lap mark after narrowly missing a multi-car accident.
SORENSON: "Man, that was a lot of work for a 17th-place finish. We had a much better car today than 17th. The McDonald's McCafe Dodge was probably a top 10 car but there at the end we just weren't as lucky as everyone else. I think I passed (Logano) a couple of times today and he won the race. They played the strategy and got the win. I can't wait to go to Daytona next week. We finished ninth in the Daytona 500 and it would be fun to go down there next week and run just as well."
Elliott Sadler started 23rd and finished 27th.
* No. 19 spun on lap 60 - received slight damage to right front fender
* No. 19 went a lap down on lap 106, but got back on the lead lap on lap 157. Sadler raced as high as eighth on lap 131 during a pit cycle
* Sadler barely avoided a multi-car wreck on lap 175 when the cars that caused it were directly in front of him
* As the track cooled the No. 19 began to experience tire chatter in the center of the corner slowing his progress toward the front.
SADLER: "We just missed it a little bit right from the start. We were dragging the splitter pretty bad and had to make a lot of adjustments, but we got going pretty good about half way through. Our team is working to get every point we can each week - this Best Buy team never gives up. I'm proud of my guys and excited to get back to Daytona to try and take care of some unfinished business."
AJ Allmendinger started 30th and finished 32nd
* Allmendinger and another car made contact on lap 27 sending the No. 44 into a spin. He restarted the car in time to stay on the lead lap.
* On lap 60, five cars got together. Allmendinger severely damaged the right front as he tried to avoid the wrecked cars on the blocked track.
* Allmendinger spent about 34 laps in the garage making repairs before returning to the track.
ALLMENDINGER: "Man, I don't know what to say. There wasn't much we could do today. We were at the wrong place at the wrong time and tore up the right front pretty good. I can't put into words how frustrated I am right now. We had a lot of momentum coming into New Hampshire and were just a victim of circumstances today. I hope everyone enjoyed seeing the Berlin City Auto Group Dodge but we were hoping for a better finish. I think we would have been OK today. I'm ready to go to Daytona and superspeedway race."